Being a new mom brings so many questions. Find easy ways to prepare you, your family and your home for your newest addition. We've taken the thinking and worrying out of making sure your home is clean and ready for your newest addition.
Allergy Facts And Figures
According to the CDC, one in five Americans suffers from allergies and/or asthma. This adds up to billions of dollars in medications, physician services and missed days from school and work.
- The annual cost of allergies is estimated to be nearly $7 billion.
- Allergy is the 5th leading chronic disease in the U.S., and the 3rd most common among children under 18 years old.
- Approximately 40 million Americans have indoor/outdoor allergies like pollen and dust mites as their primary allergy.
- Approximately 10 million people are allergic to cat dander, the most common pet allergy.
- Genetics can affect your chances of having allergies.
- If one parent has allergies, you have a 1 in 3 chance of having an allergy.
- If both parents have allergies, you have a 7 in 10 chance of being allergic.