When you climb into your warm and bubbly bath, you should be ready to relax. But unwinding can be difficult if your tub is covered in dirt and grime, causing a breeding ground for germs. With Lysol®, get your tub looking squeaky clean as well as safely sanitized and disinfected with our simple tips and tricks.
Tips to clean your bathtub
- It helps to wash away any grit before cleaning.
- If you have a lot of grit in your bath, try to use a paper towel rather than the shower head as this could clog your drain.
- A sponge is a good choice for cleaning your tub, but don’t choose anything that’s too abrasive as this could cause damage to the surface.
How often should I clean my bathtub?
It’s hard to say how often to clean your bathtub, because it depends on how many people use it and whether this is a regular occurrence or not. However, if your bathtub is used often, we would recommend cleaning it once a week, and disinfecting it every few weeks.
The best way to clean a bathtub
For tubs that are made of acrylic, porcelain, enamelled steel, fiberglass and cast iron, Lysol® has you covered. A common type of bathtub is acrylic tubs because of their versatility, durability and affordability, but they can tend to get scratched when not carefully looked after.
It’s therefore always best to use a bathtub cleaner that’s specially formulated for use on even the most sensitive of materials. In our range, one of the best products to clean your tub is Lysol® Power Bathroom Cleaner. For best results, follow these simple steps:
- Use some warm water to wet down the tub and tiles before beginning the cleaning process.
- Next, generously spray the cleaner on the bathtub for 15-20 seconds.
- Simply wipe down with a soft microfiber cloth, rather than abrasive pads.
- Rinse away with water.
The best way to clean mold and mildew stains from your bathtub
When you finish in the shower or bath, your bathtub and bathroom is bound to be wet – providing the perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew to grow. To prevent mold and mildew from growing in your bathtub (or to get rid of it if it already is!), one of the best tub cleaners in this instance is Lysol® Power Foam Bathroom Aerosol. To use, simply spray the foam over your surfaces as well as your shower door and then wipe down with a microfiber cloth.
Once you’ve got your bathtub gleaming, you can get to enjoying it in all its glory. If you’ve scrubbed up your tub to a wonderful shine, why not tackle your glass shower doors (if you have them), taps/faucets and tiles?