LYSOL - TEDDY BEAR REPAIR PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
ALL PHOTOS SUBMITTED MAY APPEAR ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, SPONSOR’S INSTAGRAM PAGE, OR IN ANY OTHER MEDIUM FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT NOTICE, APPROVAL OR ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
- Eligibility: The Lysol – Teddy Bear Repair Promotion (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older (or 19 if a resident of AL or NE) at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. Employees of Reckitt Benckiser LLC, 399 Interpace Parkway, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224 (the "Sponsor"), Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc., 1105 8th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744 ("Administrator”), or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Promotion (collectively with Sponsor and Administrator, the "Promotion Entities") and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step- siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion begins on April 10, 2019 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 23, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the "Promotion Period"). The Website (defined below) clock is the official timekeeper for this Promotion.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Promotion, during the Promotion Period, visit www.lysol.com/teddyrepair (“Website”), once there, find, complete and submit the official entry form, including uploading a picture or two (2) pictures (front and back) of your child’s tattered stuffed animal needing a repair that meets the Stuffed Animal Criteria listed below in Official Rule #4 below (one or both pictures considered “Photo”), the age of the bear, and a story about why your child’s tattered stuffed animal should be repaired (optional), to automatically receive one (1) entry into Promotion. The official entry form, Photo and optional story shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as the “Entry.” All Entries must be posted by 11:59:59 PM ET on April 23, 2019 to be eligible. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address per item and per day. Proof of posting an Entry will not be considered proof of receipt.
This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, affiliated with, administered by or associated with Instagram. By entering, entrants are providing all required information to Sponsor, and not to Instagram.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the mobile number associated with the winning Entry and complete an affidavit and/or any applicable releases. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, mutilated, stolen or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Stuffed Animal Criteria: The Photo must be of the stuffed animal you would like to be repaired if you are selected as the Grand Prize winner. In order to be eligible for repair and therefore, to be eligible to be the Grand Prize winner, the stuffed animal in the Photo must meet the following criteria, or will be forfeited: the stuffed animal must fit into a 12” x 12” x 6” box, must be fabric only and the fabric must be: cotton, polyester, nylon, spandex, rayon, lycra, or microfiber. The stuffed animal may NOT contain wool or silk.
- Photo Requirements: Entrants agree to and understand that Photo entries will be made available to the public, including without limitation, posting on the Internet and may appear in Sponsor’s advertising and marketing materials. Whether or not Photo entries are published on the Internet, Sponsor does not covenant or guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Photo entries.
- The Photo must not have been submitted previously in any Promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means previously.
- Each Photo must be an original creation of the submitting entrant which is under no restriction, contractual or otherwise, that will prevent Sponsor's use of the Photo and each Photo must be free of any and all liens, encumbrances and claims of third parties. Entrant acknowledges, agrees and warrants that, nothing in the Photo infringes on any copyrights, confidential information, trade secrets or trademarks belonging to any person or entity other than the Photo entrant absent a suitable license, clearance or permission agreement (proof of which is required upon submission), or violates any person's rights of privacy or publicity and that all necessary releases and permissions have been secured. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by entrant of these Official Rules or the warranties and representations made by entrant in this paragraph. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's preexisting work does not qualify as entrant's original creation.
- By uploading the Photo the entrant agrees, for zero compensation, to grant to Sponsor all intellectual property rights in the Photo and each of its constituent parts, which rights include, without limitation, the Sponsor's right to publish, make available to the public and/or reproduce the Photo through any media available at any time during, or after, the Promotion Period on any related websites, in any promotional materials, whether related or un-related to the Promotion, and at any other location, whether physical or online, that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate and necessary for the operation and promotion of this Promotion. In addition, entrant warrants that any so called "moral rights" in the Photo have been waived and entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may use any ideas from any Photo or other submitted materials, whether or not entrant has been awarded a prize in connection with any such Photo or other materials. Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of Promotion Entities, and each of their parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective owners, employees, directors, officers, agents, and subcontractors from all claims, demands, and causes of action of any nature whatsoever which entrant or entrant's heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on entrant’s behalf or on behalf of entrant’s estate, have or may have by reason of: (i) Sponsor's exercise of any rights granted by entrant in this paragraph; (ii) claims based on violation of any right of publicity or rights of personality, infringement of copyright or trademark, libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy, loss of earnings or potential earnings in connection with Sponsor's use of the Photo and any portion thereof, or the likeness of any natural person therein.
- Entrants are responsible for securing necessary permissions, talent and location releases, and licenses for any visual material contained in the Photo entries.
- Photo Content Restrictions
Photo entries must not contain material that:
- Contains or depicts someone smoking or intoxicated;
- Violates or infringes another's rights, including without limitation, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Contains material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contains any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or displays any commercial/corporate advertising other than that of Sponsor (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, trademarks, slogans, political, personal and religious statements);
- Contains indecent or unsafe behavior or situations, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, or is otherwise inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous;
- References persons or organizations without their written permission;
- Disparages any persons or organizations;
- Includes threats to any person, place, business, or group;
- Is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
Failure of any Photo to comply with the above "Photo Requirements" and "Photo Content Restrictions," as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may result in disqualification of entrant. Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Promotion or any other person or entity, does not comply with these Official Rules or if Sponsor receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein. All Photo entries shall become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Photo entries must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in sole determination of Sponsor.
- Grand Prize Selection/Judging Criteria: On or about April 30, 2019, each eligible Entry received will be reviewed and judged by an independent judging panel using the following judging criteria and points system, where the more difficult the repair, the higher the score:
- How many spots that need repair (1 to 8 points)
- Amount torn (1 point)
- Loose limb (2 points)
- Needs stuffing (3 points)
- Missing nose, ear, eye, etc… (4 points)
- Only requires cleaning (-1 point)
- Entry Contains a Story (1 point)
- In story, the child loves the toy (1 point)
- In story, the teddy is multi-generations/heirloom (3 points)
- Story is very emotional (5 points)
- Photo contains a recognizable toy brand (-1 point)
The eligible Entry with the highest points using the preceding judging criteria will be deemed the Grand Prize winner, subject to eligibility verification. In the event of a tie, the Entry with the highest score in the state of repair criteria will be deemed the winning Entry from among all tying Entries. The potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted via email, and may be awarded the Grand Prize upon verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Failure to respond to the Grand Prize notification message within three (3) days of notification, or return of message notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be awarded, time permitting.
- First Prize Random Drawing/Winners Selection: Once the Grand Prize winner has been selected per Official Rule #7 above, on or about April 30, 2019, 499 First Prize winners will be randomly selected via a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Photo entries received during the Promotion Period, to be conducted by Administrator. Odds of winning the First Prize depend on the number of eligible Photo entries received during the entire Promotion Period. The potential First Prize winners will be contacted via email, and may be awarded their prize listed below (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules.) Sponsor's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Failure to respond to the prize notification message within three (3) days of notification, or return of message notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be awarded, time permitting.
THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION.
- Verification of Potential Winners: In order to be confirmed as a winner, and without limitation of any other terms herein, the potential winners may be required to provide satisfactory proof, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, that such potential Winner is an eligible Entrant, including but not limited to providing a copy of the potential winner’s government-issued identification and/or additional information required by Sponsor in order to verify eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Winners may be required to sign and return to Administrator, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period (if required), potential Winner will forfeit the prize.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): One (1) Grand Prize: Sponsor will mend the stuffed animal featured in the Grand Prize winner’s Photo, with the help of a Sponsor-specified seamstress; the stuffed animal will be sanitized using Lysol Laundry Sanitizer; and the Grand Prize winner will receive a year’s supply (23- 90oz bottles) of Lysol Laundry Sanitizer ARV: $317.27. 499 First Prizes: Sponsor will mend the stuffed animal featured in the First Prize winner’s Photo, with the help of a Sponsor-specified seamstress; and the animal will be sanitized using Lysol Laundry Sanitizer. ARV: $87.50 each. Total ARV of all prizes: $43,979.77. Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize, or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value, should any prize become unavailable for any reason. Taxes on the prizes are solely the winner’s responsibility. Prizes will only be awarded if winner’s stuffed animal in Photo meets the Stuffed Animal Criteria set forth in Official Rule #4 above.
11 . Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Promotion; (b) release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's entry, creation of an entry or Photo of an entry, participation in the Promotion, the Photo, acceptance or use or misuse of prize and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry or the Photo; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in the Promotion and/or entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of prize or any portion thereof.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner using the Judging Criteria above from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such judging shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Promotion Entities as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to the stuffed animals, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion, the Promotion Entities’ handling of the stuffed animals, or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entry and/or entrant’s stuffed animal is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. Entrant further agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit or award any unclaimed or leftover Prize at its sole discretion.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, other than those concerning the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winner or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any disputes arising out of these Official Rules (except for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the use of Prizes) shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in New Jersey, under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired New Jersey state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall New Jersey law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Either party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in New Jersey, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Promotion Entities shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of New Jersey. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in New Jersey; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out- of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
- Promotion Winner: For the Promotion Winner’s names (available after May 15, 2019), visit the Website.
- Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 30, 2019 to: Official Rules – Lysol Teddy Bear Promotion, c/o Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment, Attn: Lisa R., 1105 SE 8th Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55744. A copy of the Official Rules may also be obtained by printing this webpage.
- 18. Sponsor: Reckitt Benckiser LLC, 399 Interpace Parkway, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224.
- Administrator: Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc., 1105 8th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MN 55744.