Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus
Our customer service team is working hard to help you with your questions, but wait and response times are currently higher than normal. To provide you with more immediate assistance please see below answers to our frequently asked questions, which include information on product efficacy and availability.
Lysol Product Efficacy
Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion, or any other route). As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines. Please read the label and safety information.
We have a responsibility in providing consumers with access to accurate, up-to-date information as advised by leading public health experts. For this and other myth-busting facts, please visit Covid-19facts.com.
The EPA has established a list of disinfectants that meet their criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19, widely referred to as the coronavirus. The following Lysol products are those that meet either the EPA Viral Emerging Pathogen Policy or have human coronavirus claims. Please refer to the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ for additional information.
- Lysol® Disinfectant Spray EPA #777-99
- Lysol® Disinfectant Spray Max Cover Mist #777-127
- Lysol® Disinfectant Spray Neutra Air 2-in-1 EPA #777-136
- Lysol® IC Quaternary Disinfectant Cleaner EPA #47371-129-675
- Lysol® Disinfecting Wipe EPA #777-114
- Lysol® All Purpose Cleaner EPA #777-66
- Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide EPA #777-126
- Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Bleach EPA #777-83
- Lysol® Kitchen Pro Antibacterial Cleaner EPA 777-91
- Lysol® Multi-Surface Cleaner Pourable EPA #777-89
- Professional Lysol® Heavy Duty Bathroom Cleaner EPA #675-54
- Lysol SMART Multi-Purpose Cleaner EPA #1839-166-777
- Lysol® Power Bathroom Cleaner EPA #675-55
- Lysol® Power Foam Bathroom Cleaner EPA #777-71
- Lysol® Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner EPA #777-81
- Lysol® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach EPA #777-102
- Lysol® Laundry Sanitizer EPA #777-128 (in laundry pre-soak)
To ensure effective use of your Lysol product, follow the instructions on the back of the label. To learn more visit the Lysol product page.
Lysol Disinfectant Spray: Follow this instructional How To video
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes: To disinfect, wipe hard, non-porous surface and allow to remain wet for 4 minutes. Then air dry.
Lysol All Purpose Cleaner: To disinfect, pre-clean surface and spray until thoroughly wet. Leave for 2 minutes before wiping.
Lysol Laundry Sanitizer: To disinfect, pour 2 capfuls into 1 gallon of cold water and soak items for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with clean water or machine wash as directed
Lysol Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner Pourable: To disinfect, use full-strength or dilute ¼ cup (2 oz.) per gallon of warm water. Pre-clean surface and apply to surface until thoroughly wet. Leave for 6 minutes before wiping.
For use on food contact surfaces: Rinse thoroughly with water after disinfecting
Lysol products are recommended for most hard, non-porous surfaces as well as many soft surfaces. Please always refer to the back of pack directions before application.
Lysol does not recommend using Lysol Disinfectant spray on brass, copper or aluminum or painted wood surfaces. Always rinse toys and food contact surfaces with potable water after use. For soft surfaces, Lysol Disinfectant Spray is not recommended for use on leather, rayon, silk or satin fabrics or acrylic plastics. Always test on a hidden area of fabric.
Still Have a Question?
Let's ConnectContact Us